Coming Home

My fingers are a little stiff as I type this because I just got in from an errand outside. It feels COLD out there, especially after waking up in Waikiki this morning. I was just thinking as I froze my fingers off at the redbox, what a delight it is to be home. I feel so hearty. Seeing your breath in the air, and stepping outside knowing that if you stayed too long without protection you would die, those things have a way of making us stronger. At least I like to think so.

Not to mention, it is hard to truly appreciate hot chocolate or a pumpkin spice candle while surrounded by the balmy air of tropical lands. As Titus' cousin noted, I am a hopeless romantic. Nothing can compel the romantic soul to heights of gladness like the changing of seasons. So while, I absolutely LOVED Hawaii, and felt that I was in paradise, I am glad to be home. I like walking on the hard, frozen ground, knowing that after a few months of patient waiting I will again feel the soft fresh earth under my bare feet as I chase my little ones around the back yard.

If we let it change can work as a catalyst for thankfulness in our lives. I am so THANKFUL for the amazing trip we had. It was beyond anything I could imagine, just plain fabulous. But coming home is wonderful too. I will be so glad to see my sweet little lambs (or loud raucous boys) tomorrow. Life is good.

(I will post more on my trip later after I load the pics)

Comments

Popular Posts