Together

One of the goals of my life is to grow more in love with my husband every day.Today I was reminded that this does not happen accidentally. It requires effort. A few synonyms that help  define "goal" more clearly: target, intention, intent, plan and purpose. None of those things are accidental, and neither is a happy marriage.

I love to do things with my husband,that's why we got married, so we could do our whole lives together. We love working together and educating our children at home is just a natural extension of that. He is my support when I feel I can't go on. He takes over when I've had enough. He is my back up and my biggest encourager. Getting to be partners in the process of educating our children makes it infinitely more fun.

God designed "together" he knew it was a good idea. He was the originator of the two become one concept.  I wanted to encourage those of you who might be in a season where this seems hard. Marriage is not always easy. I remember a time, a few years back when I thought, "This is the point where our marriage just starts to go down hill." I grabbed that stupid thought by the throat and captured it,  making it subject to Christ. It was a point when I felt like football was more interesting to my husband than I was, where his phone seemed to be the object of his affection and between sleepless nights with kids and a hormone racked body, I thought I would never want to have sex again.

The reason I am sharing this is because that is not the end of the story. I didn't camp there. I talked to my husband about how I was feeling. I prayed. I choose to find ways to make deposits in my marriage. Having seen lots of good models helped me to see that having a happy marriage is worth the effort and pain that it requires us to walk through. I trusted God that my marriage would get better, if I kept him at the center, and it did.

I believe God gave me my marriage and I have faith that its going to keep getting better. I don't have all the answers for what makes a successful marriage, but I do know that it is really, really fun to be a part of great love story. It is wonderful to fall more in love with someone as the years go by. It is amazing to share your life with a partner who loves you, challenges you and makes you stronger.

I want to encourage you, if you are in tough time in your marriage, it doesn't have to stay that way. Run to Jesus, run to wise counsel, speak words of faith when they seem impossible. Don't give up on having an awesome marriage. Investing in your relationship with your spouse is one of the best things you can do as a homeschooling family.







Comments

Popular Posts